As a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, my practice started with a career and vocational emphasis. The more I worked with people I discovered that barriers to success generally had to do with: past trauma; interpersonal difficulties relationally at work and at home; over reliance on substances to cope; undiagnosed issues such as depression, anxiety and Aspergers/Autism.
To better support clients, I acquired more training in the areas of CPTSD/PTSD, substance mis-use and neuro-diversity (autism/Aspergers). My training includes Interpersonal NeuroBiology, EMDR, LifeSpan Integration, the Enneagram, Addiction Recovery and Relapse prevention protocols. Essentially I can wear many hats, because I find clients struggle with more than one issue at a time.
For Oregon residents who do not live locally, I can meet for therapy by video or phone. I can also provide coaching for clients around the country for Career coaching, vocational decision making, work stress and anxiety related to graduate exam preparation.
I use warmth, acceptance and tender humor to help clients feel safe and comfortable. It is my deep hope that each client comes to understand they are NOT their past trauma, addiction, diagnosis or “problematic behavior.” My desire is to work with those who are ready to reach their goals and live life more fully.
- are CIS, Trans & gender non-conforming.
- are straight, queer & non-binary.
- are Spiritual, Pagan, Christian, Muslim, Agnostic and Atheists
- have relentless anxiety and unease as a result of traumatic events or unstable childhoods.
- live with the pain that their partner or spouse was unfaithful.
- are on the Autism Spectrum (AKA – Aspergers) and are challenged with adjusting to adult relationships, responsibilities and work.
- are experiencing debilitating anxiety as they prepare for graduate level exams.
- have unstable mood states such as bi-polar, depression, anxiety or intermittent psychosis.
- have experienced work place trauma
- experience barriers to success vocationally related to a disability
- have unhealthy ways to cope such as substance use, addiction or other problematic behaviors.
- experienced loss, grief or disappointment.
- half constant low self esteem or lack of trust in their romantic or familial relationships.
- are couples hoping to gain skills to improve their communication and relating.
- need advocacy and insight related to rights and protections at work
- need to find new employment due to work dissatisfaction or life transitions.
- have experienced physical, sexual or emotional trauma.
- are college students facing transition to independence and school stress
- experience dissociation due to early life trauma and have difficulty managing everyday life without panic, anxiety and overwhelm.
- have partners, spouses or children who have addictions to substances, porn or other coping behaviors.
I am in-Network with:
- United Healthcare
- Various EAPs
I am Out of Network with:
- Blue Cross
- and can bill other insurances out-of-network
What could be?
I believe every person should be able to ask the question “what could be,” with hope and curiosity rather than a sense of defeat. Unhelpful patterns of coping and relating are learned over a life time. These patterns can be unwound and new ones established with awareness and insight. I help clients begin to reduce the impact hurtful patterns and past events have in everyday life. Clients can learn to grow into their potential emotionally, relationally and at work. It is possible to move from merely surviving to thriving which is a life of Wellbeing.
I have a deep respect for each person’s pursuit of spirituality & practice a walk of faith of my own. In this current political climate it is extremely important to me that ALL people feel safe in their body, relationships and daily life.
In my spare time I enjoy long walks, getting together with friends, listening to Tedtalks & Podcasts, gardening, aspire to have a consistent yoga practice, and day dream of visiting foreign lands.